Junior Leadership Team
The Junior Leadership Team are a team of pupils who give the children of Sunnyfields a pupil voice. We were elected by our classes to represent the children’s opinions and raise issues with our Head teacher, teachers and our parent group ‘Friends of Sunnyfields’. We also take the lead in lots of different projects, take part in staff interviews and take ownership in raising money to purchase new and exciting things for the school.
We meet every week to discuss current issues or our next project. We also hold an assembly once per half term.
So far this year we have:-
- Given all children a pupil interview to find out area’s to develop within our school.
- Created an action plan to show how we will work together to improve those areas.
- Met with the Mathematics Coordinator to create a list of child friendly non-negotiable math’s objectives for each class.
- Met with the chair of ‘Friends of Sunnyfields’ to discuss their next big project.
- Surveyed a sample of children to find out what they would like ‘Friends of Sunnyfields’ to spend money on.
- Asked the children and teachers to donate shoe boxes and food to make up shoe box hampers for the homeless at Christmas.
- Helped out during Macmillan coffee morning.
- Purchased brand new outdoor play equipment for break times and lunch times.
- Raised and counted money for Children in Need.